How will your students meet the new Common Core standards for reading and writing?
Apply now for a free training on how to embed literacy into any class.
Under support from the Ohio Department of Education, we’re building a team of dedicated, experienced teachers who are ready to use a new way of teaching in their classrooms.
This Common-Core aligned teaching practice has been tested and successfully implemented at some of Ohio’s leading schools, including Metro Early College in Columbus and National Inventors Hall of Fame School in Akron.
What will the training entail?
- 3 days of training – spread across the semester
- Coaches use literacy strategies throughout the training – so each develops a toolbox of reading and writing strategies
- Part 1 – starts with building a teaching tasks; teachers are then given a month and a half to take their task back and use it with a class of students
- Part 2 – teachers return ready to assess student work and to build a LDC module focused on the literacy skills their students need to develop
- Part 3 – teachers take a look at student growth, determine where to embed LDC modules in their curriculum, and discuss how to best implement LDC as a school