55TH OHIO JUNIOR SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES SYMPOSIUM
March 14-16, 2018 at BGSU
The Junior Science and Humanities Symposia (JSHS) Program is a tri-service – U.S. Army, Navy, and Air Force – sponsored STEM competition which promotes original research and experimentation in the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) at the high school level and publicly recognizes students for outstanding achievement. By connecting talented students, their teachers, and research professionals at affiliated symposia and by rewarding research excellence, JSHS aims to widen the pool of trained talent prepared to conduct research and development vital to our nation. The mission of JSHS:
- To promote research and experimentation in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) at the high school level.
- To recognize the significance of research in human affairs and the importance of humane and ethical principles in the application of research results.
- To search out talented youth and their teachers, recognize their accomplishments at symposia, and encourage their continued interest and participation in the sciences, technology, mathematics, and engineering.
- To expand the horizons of research-oriented students by exposing them to opportunities in the academic, industrial, and governmental communities.
- To increase the research and development capabilities of the future U.S. workforce.