The CS Fundamentals Intro Workshop is a full day foundational introduction to CS Fundamentals for educators who are interested in learning more and getting started with the course. This workshop is intended for K-5 educators who are new to teaching CS Fundamentals, and might still be figuring out if they want to teach CS Fundamentals.
This is a BYOD (bring your own device) workshop. PC, Mac, Chromebook, iOS and android devices are all supported.
At the end of the workshop, you will know:
- The importance of all students having access to computer science, and the teachers’ role in creating an environment where all students can learn equitably.
- How CS Fundamentals can be used as a tool for bringing computer science to all students.
- What CS Fundamentals courses look like (lesson plans, online activities, unplugged activities).
At the end of the workshop, you will have:
- A plan of action to start teaching CS Fundamentals.
- An implementation plan for teaching two CS Fundamentals lessons
- Goals for how deep into the course they would like to try to get.
- Strategies for teaching CS Fundamentals lessons.
- A connection to the community of CS Fundamentals teachers.