The Innovative Leaders Institute (ILI) is now accepting applications for a new cohort of Ohio educators. The ILI is one of the few specialized training programs where leaders of innovative schools can learn from veteran STEM principals.
ILI launched in 2012. To date, the program has trained more than 200 educators in Ohio and Tennessee. Many alumni of the program have been featured on this blog as leading STEM administrators including:
- Josh Jennings, Founding Director of Global Impact STEM Academy and ILI Alumni (2019: New summit on career tech featured founding director of Ohio STEM school, 2016: Finding a how-to manual for new schools)
- Brandi Davis, Founding Principal of I-Promise Academy and ILI Current Participant (2019: New I PROMISE School: The model, support from LeBron James, and why STEM)
- Melissa Drury, Principal at Berne Union Elementary and ILI Alumni (2018: Winner of Ohio Excellence in STEM Leadership Award)
- Heidi Leeds, Assistant principal at Olentangy’s Alum Creek and Cheshire Elementary Schools and ILI Alumni (2017: Reynoldsburg students take on local pollution and Great Lakes erosion)
- Brian Patrick, Founding Principal of Willoughby-Eastlake School of Innovation and ILI Alumni (2017: Confidence and innovation at Willoughby-Eastlake)
- Sam Crews, Ohio STEM Learning Network Akron Hub Director and ILI Alumni (2017: Akron’s North High School students present solutions to opioid crisis, 2017: Akron unveils STEM Teacher Resource Lab)
- Dee Martindale, K-12 STEM Coordinator for Lakewood Local Schools and ILI Faculty (2017: “STEM isn’t just one more thing”)
- Kathy McKinniss, Founding Principal of Marysville Early College STEM High School and ILI Faculty and Alumni (2016: Summer bridge eases student fears)
- Dr. Larry Johnson, Principal of Firestone High School and ILI Faculty (2016: How do you approach the Innovative Leaders Institute?)
You can join this accomplished group and expand your impact through the Innovative Leaders Institute. Apply with a co-applicant by March 11. The application is embedded below or available here.
Looking for more information? Battelle has an overview of the institute, details about what you’ll learn, and a full schedule.
The ILI is open to two-person teams of school leaders. The team must include a principal or assistant principal plus an additional building-level leader. Fees for the ILI are $1,000 per person. Each applicant must complete the online application.