The Northwest Ohio hub serves a 29-county region and contains a regional STEM training center at Toledo Technology Academy and the Perkins STEM Schools.
- Enhances communication among all STEM educators in the region.
- Publishes electronic and print newsletters.
- Fosters connections and collaboration among preK-12, higher education, businesses and non-profits dedicated to STEM in Northwest Ohio.
- Coordinates professional development for preK-12 educators, undergraduate education students and university faculty.
- Provides a web-based STEM education resource center.
- Coordinates and supports efforts to seek funding from federal agencies, private foundations and commercial organizations.
- Provides a network to enhance sharing of expertise and strengthening existing collaboration while building new partnerships.
- Plays integral roles in a variety of grant-funded programs from federal, state, and private sources, including undergraduate scholarships
The NWO hub sponsors and leads many STEM events in the region including its annual Symposium on STEM Education Teaching and Learning, the NWO Inquiry Series monthly professional development workshops and STEM in the Park.
Hub partners include several higher education institutions in Northwest Ohio, non-profit informal science education organizations, and businesses devoted to excellence in STEM education.
Want to learn more?
Information about the Hub vision, mission, goals, and many types of STEM activities, events, and opportunities can be found on the NWO web site.
You may also contact Susan Marie Stearns, Assistant Director, NW Ohio Hub at email@example.com.