LATEST NEWS & INFO

Let’s recognize Ohio teachers

There are more than 100,000 teachers in Ohio. Which one mattered to you?

Tuesday is national teacher appreciation day. Join us in helping recognize great Ohio teachers. Starting today, we’re collecting your stories about teachers that made a difference.

Just tell us the teacher’s name, the class they taught, and one important thing you learned. Then, throughout the day on May 3, we’ll post each of these stories.

To submit your teacher appreciation, simply comment on this post or tweet your story and include our account: @OSLN.
160429 teacher example

Comments

7 Responses to “Let’s recognize Ohio teachers”

1. Tina (Rose) Jay says:

I want to thank Lora Brandon, High School Science, for teaching me that chemistry is cool and that women can be scientists too.

2. Heather Sherman says:

I want to thank Sharon Alloway, Bishop Watterson High School English, for teaching me to appreciate great literature and theater.

3. Kelly Gaier Evans says:

I want to thank Mr. Jim Osborne, Anna High School Biology, for challenging me to question the world around me.

4. Aimee Kennedy says:

I want to thank my 5th grade teacher Patricia Moore, Bethesda Elementary School, for showing me that reading books is something to celebrate.

5. Peter DeWitt says:

I want to thank Mr. John O’Neil for teaching me through AP Latin that perfection is not always possible and to simply be faithful to the process.

6. David Burns says:

I want to thank Mrs. Bowers, my 7th and 8th grade English teacher for teaching me I was special, even though I wasn’t 🙂

7. Nancy Willis says:

I would like to thank Christina Long–School Counselor at New Albany Middle School. You are working so hard with the girls in your ROX (Ruling Our eXperiences) group. Thank you for all you have done to make this small group happen this year! You are helping these girls to be their best self. Job well done.